MUSEUMS AT THE CROSSROADS
The Museums at the Crossroads Consortium represents eleven diverse museums in Champaign County! What? You didn’t know that there were eleven museums? Most people don’t! Through this Passport Program, we encourage you to discover new museums and make return visits to old friends, because, as we say . . . . there is an “adventure in every direction!” How does it work? See the official rules below.
- 1. The Passport Program will run April 1, 2012 through August 17, 2012.
- Passports contain information about all museums participating in the Passport Program.
- 2. Passports will be obtained at participating Champaign County museums, the Museums at the Crossroads web site, and through the Champaign County Convention & Visitors Bureau. Participation in the passport program is open to visitors ages four and up and is not limited to residents of Champaign County.
- 3. Some participating museums may offer admission discounts and/or other incentives for patrons who bring in their passports. There is a limit of one discount/incentive per passport per visit. Check with the participating museum(s) prior to your visit for details.
- 4. At the end of the museum visit (minimum of 10 minutes), patrons will have the opportunity to have their passports stamped by museum staff with that museum’s unique design. There is a limit of one stamped passport per person per visit.
- 5. There are two opportunities by which to win prizes with your passport: Patrons receiving a stamp from every participating museum will be eligible for a grand prize. 6. Patrons receiving a stamp from at least six, but not all, of the participating museums will be eligible for runner-up prizes.
- 7. To be entered into the prize drawings, patrons must submit their completed passports to one of the participating museums and then complete a drawing form containing contact information. To be eligible, drawing forms must be submitted to a participating museum by the end of the business day on August 17. There is a limit of one drawing form per passport and one passport per person.
- 8. Prizes will be drawn at the Urbana Sweetcorn Festival at 1 p.m. on August 25, 2012. You need not be present to win.
DOWNLOAD YOUR PASSPORT TODAY, CLICK HERE!
Participating Champaign County Museums:
Anita Purves Nature Center
- Champaign County Historical Museum
- Chanute Air Museum
- Krannert Art Museum
- Museum of the Grand Prairie
- Orpheum Children’s Science Museum
- Parkland Art Gallery
- Sousa Archives and Center for American Music
- Spurlock Museum
- William M. Staerkel Planetarium
Businesses (besides the museums) contributing to the prize packages:
Champaign County Convention & Visitors Bureau
Jarling's Custard Cup (gift certificate)
Manzella's Italian Patio (gift certificate)
Strawberry Fields ($10 gift certificate)
Savoy 16 Theaters (concession passes)
The Crave Truck
Za's (gift certificate)
Become a "museums fan, " like us on . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .